"I want to welcome you to the Sabine Parish Assessor's Website."
Cindy Langton Manasco
Sabine Parish Assessor
The Sabine Parish Assessor is responsible for discovery, listing, and valuing all property in Sabine Parish for ad valorem tax purposes. This property includes all Real Estate, all Business Movable Property (Personal Property), and all Oil & Gas Property and Equipment. The Assessor is responsible to the citizens of Sabine Parish for ensuring all property is assessed in a fair and equitable manner. At the same time, the Assessor is responsible for ensuring that assessments are calculated according to the Constitution of the State of Louisiana and the Revised Statutes that are passed by the Legislature. In Louisiana, “Ad Valorem”, by value, is the method to calculate taxes. The Assessor does not establish the “taxes”. Taxes are approved by the voters in the form of millage propositions on the ballot.
Forms / Links
Find common forms for assessing and appeals.
View links to local and state agencies.
The Louisiana Tax Commission certifies the Sabine Parish Tax Roll by this date. The Sheriff and Ex-Officio Tax Collector will mail the tax notices after proof of certification is received.
2019 Important Dates
- April 1 - Deadline for filing self-reporting forms for business personal property.
- August 16 – August 30 - Tax Roll opens for public inspection for a 15 day period.
- September 19 - Board of Review
- November 15 - The Louisiana Tax Commission certifies the Sabine Parish Tax Roll by this date. The Sheriff and Ex-Officio Tax Collector will mail the tax notices after proof of certification is received.
- December 31 - Property taxes are due and payable by this date. Taxes are collected by the Sheriff’s Office, not the Assessor’s Office. If you have questions about tax payments, you may contact them at 318.256.9241.